Lund Boats Supports National Safe Boating Week, May 16-22; Reminding Boaters to Always Wear It!
Safety Kit Sweepstakes May 16 to May 26
New York Mills, Minn. – (May 16, 2015) – Lund officials are joining boating safety advocates during National Safe Boating Week, from May 16-22, to promote safe and responsible boating, including consistently wearing a life jacket every time a boater is on the water, using products and services that promote safe boating, and seeking proper training to educate and inform boaters.
Lund also will join with Mercury Marine engines and parts and accessories as well as a dozen other Brunswick boat brands in featuring a sweepstakes on social media.
The contest prize is a safety kit featuring Attwood’s bailer safety kit, multi-function LED sport light, first aid kit, telescoping emergency paddle and 40-liter dry bag along with two, Mustang personal flotation devices and a Mercury Marine emergency-shutoff lanyard.
Each of Brunswick’s 13 marine brands participating in this initiative will conduct a social media sweepstakes contest, and each will offer a safety kit. You can enter by visiting Lund Boats on
The contest is open to all U.S. consumers, with the exception of Brunswick employees and their immediate family, who are ineligible to win. Contestants can enter once a day for the life of the contest, with 13 winners – one for each brand — being selected at random on May 26 from the pool of all eligible entries at each brand. Prizes will be shipped within 15 days of the announcement of the winners.
National Safe Boating Week is the launch of the 2015 North American Safe Boating Campaign. This yearlong campaign promotes safe and responsible boating and the value of voluntary, consistent life jacket wear by recreational boaters through the campaign’s national theme, Wear It!
National Safe Boating Week is the launch of the 2015 North American Safe Boating Campaign. This year-long campaign to promote safe and responsible boating including the following:
- The value of voluntary, consistent use and wearing of life jackets by recreational boaters. The National Safe Boating Council will once again stress the importance of wearing a personal flotation device through the campaign’s theme, Wear It! The Council believes life jacket wear is the simplest strategy to stay safe, while enjoying your favorite recreational water activity.
- According to recent U.S. Coast Guard statistics, drowning was the reported cause of death in three-fourths of all boating fatalities in 2013. Of those, 84 percent were reported as not wearing their life jackets. Further, new life jackets are much more comfortable, lightweight and stylish than the bulky orange style most boaters know.
- There are innovative options, such as inflatable life jackets, allowing mobility and flexibility for activities like boating, fishing, paddling or hunting, and are much cooler in the warmer weather.
- Using products which promote safe boating, such as safety lanyards. These can be attached to a personal flotation device or around the boat driver’s wrist, and connects to an engine-shutoff switch. If the boat driver falls overboard or to the deck of the boat, the engine-shutoff switch will be activated by the lanyard clip, stopping the engine and significantly reducing the risk of bodily harm. It is effectively demonstrated in this video Watch Video
- The importance of boating safely, such as taking a boating safety course and knowing navigational rules. Classes and on-water instruction is available through many sources, including the United States Power Squadrons. For more than 100 years, they have worked to make the water a safer place through boating education, civic service and fellowship. With the United States Power Squadrons®, you can improve your boating skills and knowledge online, in the classroom with certified instructors, or outdoors with hands-on training. You can get more information at https://www.usps.org/
Since 1948, Lund has been building boats from the heart of lakes country in New York Mills, Minn. Built with professional grade materials to withstand a lifetime of use, Lund Boats are guide tested and wilderness proven and demanded by more camps, resorts, fishing guides and professionals throughout North America. Whether the preference is aluminum or fiberglass, each boat is carefully designed with fishing features and optimal fishing layouts in mind. They’re engineered for maximum performance and superior boat control to effortlessly stay on the breaks and catch more fish, delivering The Ultimate Fishing Experience. Lund Boats – Built by Fishermen for Fishermen. For more information, visitwww.lundboats.com.
Lund Boats on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LundBoats
Lund Boats on YouTube: YouTube
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., Brunswick Corporation endeavors to instill “Genuine Ingenuity”(TM) in all its leading consumer brands, including Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Attwood marine parts and accessories; Land ‘N’ Sea, Kellogg Marine, and Diversified Marine parts and accessories distributors; Bayliner, Boston Whaler, Brunswick Commercial and Government Products, Crestliner, Cypress Cay, Harris FloteBote, Lowe, Lund, Meridian, Princecraft, Quicksilver, Rayglass, Sea Ray, Trophy, Uttern and Valiant boats; Life Fitness and Hammer Strength fitness equipment; Brunswick bowling centers, equipment and consumer products; Brunswick billiards tables and foosball tables. For more information, visit http://www.brunswick.com.